Volvo in sports... 2009+

Voor (niet technische) vragen, ervaringen etc.

Moderator: Emiel

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Volvo in sports... 2009+

Post by Emiel »

Plant hier maar verslagen, foto's, video's van Volvo's waarmee geraced word. STCC etc etc.
Rechterhand Opperbaas..
Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Volvo in sports...

Post by Emiel »

Rechterhand Opperbaas..
Johann
Administrator
Administrator
Type auto: Volvo 850 SC

Post by Johann »

Gaat een kort draadje worden :lol:
Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Emiel »

Johann wrote:Gaat een kort draadje worden :lol:
Jamaar! Stel nou dat.... :shock: :twisted:
Rechterhand Opperbaas..
Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

STCC Karlskoga 15-08-2009

Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

Gastoptreden WTCC Brands Hatch 19-07-2009

Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

Volvo in sports anno 2009 neem ik aan?
Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Emiel »

Johann wrote:Volvo in sports anno 2009 neem ik aan?
Ja meneer... :chef:
Rechterhand Opperbaas..
Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Volvo in sports... 2009+

Post by Johann »

Prive team Heico, VLN 18-07-2009

Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

Volvo Niham C30D5 in een of andere Zandvoort serie,
Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

Proficiat Volvo, Polestar en meneer Rustad! :eusa_clap:

RESULTS

STCC, race 7 of 9, Vaaler Line (Norway)
Results, Race 1:
1. Tommy Rustad, Polestar Racing
2. Thed Bjork, Flash Engineeirng
3. Tomas Engstrom, Engstrom Motorsport
4. Roger Eriksson, CMS / NFA
5. Mattias Andersson, MA: GP / IPS
6. Robin Rudholm, WestCoast Racing
7. John Stureson, MA: GP / IPS
8. Pontus Mörth, CMS / NFA

Race 2:
1. Tommy Rustad, Polestar Racing
2. Robin Rudholm, WestCoast Racing
3. Thed Bjork, Flash Engineering
4. Robert Dahlgren, Polestar Racing
5. Johan Stureson, MA: GP / IPS
6. Fredrik Ekblom, Biogas.se
7. Jan Nilsson, Flash Engineering
8. Pontus Mörth, CMS / NFA

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Emiel »

... :roll:
Rechterhand Opperbaas..
Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

STCC: Tommy Rustad is the new champion

Volvo took a clean sweep of the Swedish Touring Car Championship finale. Tommy Rustad took the title, Robert Dahlgren won the race and Polestar Racing secured the team championship title.
"I am very proud to win the biggest championship in Scandinavia as a Norwegian," said Rustad.

Rustad ended on the same points as Thed Björk. The rules say that when drivers end up on the same points, the final race of the year decides it.
"It came to what we feared ahead of the race, the crash with Dahlgren at Knutstorp decided the title for my part," said Björk.

Björk disappeared in the first corner after a crash with Richard Göransson. In fact, all four BMW drivers of Flash Engineering and WestCoast Racing ended up in the gravel trap in the first corner of the first lap.

Björk and Göransson came together at the exit of the first corner, resulting in Göransson spinning on to the grass, coming back on to the track and hitting Björk. Both cars ended in the gravel with terminal damage to the cars.

Instead Robert Dahlgren, Mattias Andersson, Pontus Mörth and Tomas Engström took over the show. Dahlgren charged quickly up in to the lead and was untouchable. The Volvo drivers finished two seconds clear of Andersson.

Engström, who held pole position, fell down to third ahead of Mörth.

Rustad had a scary moment mid way in to the race as he was over taken by Roger Eriksson. The Volvo driver fell down to sixth at that point which meant that he would be second in the championship.

But Rustad was able to fight back and finished fifth, just enough for the title.

Robin Rudholm was able to return after the first corner incident to finish sixth ahead of Eriksson.

Fredrik Ekblom, Patrik Olsson and Johan Kristoffersson rounded off top ten.

Source: TouringCarTimes

Meneer Rustad winnaar van het rijderskampioenschap.
Polestar/Volvo winnaar van het Teamkampioenschap.
Meneer Dahlgren beste pole setter van het jaar inclusief de laatste race, helaas moest hij 10 plaatsen terug op de grid vanwege de straf van de voorlaatste race. En meneer Dahlgren is winnaar van de laatste race.
Johann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Johann »

Pilgrim Cruises to SPEED GT Win at Road Atlanta
Posted by: MSulka on Sep 26, 2009 - 07:01 AM. http://www.paddocktalk.com

Pilgrim Cruises to SPEED GT Win at Road Atlanta

Andy Pilgrim, of Boca Raton, Fla., got a great launch at the start in his all-wheel drive No. 8 K-PAX Racing Volvo S60 and never looked back, cruising to his ninth-career SPEED World Challenge GT win at Road Atlanta, part of the Toyo Tires Road Atlanta Grand Prix Presented by Dish Network. Eric Curran, of East Hampton, Mass., and Championship point leader Brandon Davis, of Huntington Beach, Calif., completed the podium.

ShareThis

At the race start, Pilgrim’s Volvo looked like it was shot out of a cannon. The Volvo’s launch was magnified by the fact that Curran’s No. 30 Whelen Engineering Chevrolet Corvette, which was right in front of Pilgrim, did not move at the start. This allowed Pilgrim to take the early lead – a lead he would never relinquish. He won by 6.467-seconds over Curran at an average speed of 103.168 mph.

“The start was just how the Volvo should go,” Pilgrim said. “I had just enough room to get by Eric [Curran] without dropping my tires on the left side. Eric didn’t move. I don’t think he got a very good start. I thought, if Eric got a good start, he would cover the middle, so I was already going to go left. I went left and I was gone. I could not believe how good the start was.

“Luckily, Eric kind of used up his tires running down Brandon [Davis]. He [Curran] really wasn’t in my mirrors and then started coming. He got up to Brandon. He took Brandon and I was thinking I can’t go any faster. I was sliding all over the place. The car was starting to go away. I said ‘I can’t go any faster guys – he’s coming.’ Then his tires went off and I put a gap on him. It was great to get the win. The K-PAX Racing guys did a great job all weekend.”

Once underway, Curran had already fallen from second to fifth by the end of lap one. Undaunted by his poor start, Curran started to pick off cars one-by-one. First, he had to get by the No. 71 TRG Motorsports Mecedes-Benz SLR 722 GT driven by Spencer Pumpelly, of Suwanee, Ga., which took two and half laps. Two laps later, he passed James Sofronas, of Newport Beach, Calif., in the No. 14 Global Motorsports Group Porsche 911 GT3 for third.

The next pass Curran looked to make was on Davis in the No. 10 Applied Comp Solutions/SunMirco Ford Mustang GT. It took him seven laps to get it done, but by this time, Curran had used a lot of his tires. In fact, Curran set the Débaufré fastest race lap, with a 1:27.937 (103.983 mph), in the process. Pilgrim could see Curran coming, but Curran couldn’t catch him and had to settle for second. It was Curran’s 19th-career World Challenge podium.

“We’ve been playing with traction control a lot here trying to get it right,” Curran said about his slow start. “We screwed up because we had no launch control at all. That thing just burned its wheels right at the start. I did not move at all. It was disappointing because we fell back a number of spots. I had to push back through.

“We had a good car. The number 30 Whelen Chevrolet Corvette was just awesome today. Midway through the race, I just pushed so hard that I ran the tires off of it. That all-wheel drive car does not slide around like these rear-drive cars do. If anybody watches this TV show they will see me sideways in a lot of corners. I tried everything I had. The Whelen guys did a fabulous job. They worked hard all weekend.”

Looking at the big Championship point picture, Davis did not try to force the issue today. He knew his new Ford Mustang GT did not have enough to stay with the front running Volvo and Curran’s Corvette. With that in mind, he was content to run hard enough for a podium finish, but not too hard as to make a mistake that would cost him a shot at the GT Championship.

“Eric is a good friend of mine and I know he is going to race me clean, but at the time I let him by, we had 20 laps to go and I was not going to be able to hold him down that long,” Davis said of Curran’s pass on him. “[If I didn’t let him go] I was probably going to slow myself up. We just didn’t have the pace today. When you come to that realization, it was just about saving the car and being there at the end. It feels good to come away with a podium finish and look towards Laguna with the points lead.”

Tony Rivera, of Missouri City, Texas, who finished fourth, was engaged in an epic side-by-side battle with NASCAR star Boris Said, of Carlsbad, Calif. Both drivers swapped paint several times before Rivera finally got a run on Said coming down the hill in Turn 12 and made it stick. This move earned Rivera the AutoWeek Move of the Race.

With four laps remaining, Sofronas made a late race pass on Said to finish fifth, whild Said finished sixth.

Jeff Courtney, of Slinger, Wis., was the Sunoco Hard Charger for advancing five positions throughout the race and finished seventh. Tony Gaples, of Libertyville, Ill., Dino Crescentini, of Manhanttan Beach, Calif., and Pumpelly completed the top-10 respectively.

Davis continues to lead the World Challenge GT Drivers’ Championship, with 919 points. He is followed by Rivera (857), Sofronas (805), Pilgrim (771) and Curran (719). Porsche continues to lead in the Manufacturers’ Championship Presented by RACER Magazine. Porsche has 58 points, Ford 49, Volvo 41, Chevrolet 40, and Viper 18.

Friday’s SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge GT Toyo Tires Road Atlanta Grand Prix Presented by Dish Network will air Tuesday, Oct. 20, at 2 p.m. (EST). The series next heads west to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the season finale, Oct. 9-11.

BRASELTON, Georgia -Results from Friday’s 29-lap 73.66-mile SCCA Pro Racing SPEED GT Championship Round Nine race, the Toyo Tires Road Atlanta Grand Prix Presented by Dish Network, part of the 12th Annual Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, with finishing position, starting position in parentheses, driver, hometown,car, laps and reason out (if any).

1. (4), Andy Pilgrim, Boca Raton, Fla., Volvo S60, 29.
2. (2), Eric Curran, Easthampton, Mass., Chevrolet Corvette, 29, -6.467.
3. (1), Brandon Davis, Huntington Beach, Calif., Ford Mustang GT, 29, -24.586.
4. (6), Tony Rivera, Missouri City, Texas, Porsche 911 GT3, 29, -29.300.
5. (3), James Sofronas, Newport Beach, Calif., Porsche 911 GT3, 29, -36.191.
6. (8), Boris Said, Carlsbad, Calif., Ford Mustang Cobra, 29, -39.435.
7. (12), Jeff Courtney, Slinger, Wis., Dodge Viper, 29, -40.617.
8. (11), Tony Gaples, Libertyville, Ill., Chevrolet Corvette, 29, -51.522.
9. (13), Dino Crescentini, Manhattan Beach, Calif., Porsche 911 GT3, 29, -54.422.
10. (7), Spencer Pumpelly, Suwanee, Ga., Mercedes-Benz SLR 722 GT, 29, -1:04.489.
11. (14), Mike Davis, Huntington Beach, Calif., Ford Mustang Cobra, 29, -1:12.102.
12. (16), William Ziegler(R), Jacksonville, Fla., Porsche 911 GT3, 29, -1:13.789.
13. (17), Rob Morgan, Costa Mesa, Calif., Porsche 911 GT3, 29, -1:19.315.
14. (10), Gunter Schaldach, Aspen, Colo., Porsche 911 GT3, 29, -1:19.814.
15. (15), Charles Putman, Mills, Wyo., Dodge Viper, 28, -1 lap.
16. (18), Nick Esayian, Encinitas, Calif., Dodge Viper, 25, -4 laps.
17. (19), Charles Morgan, Dallas, Texas, Porsche 911 GT3, 22, Mech.
18. (9), Sonny Whelen, Old Saybrook, Conn., Chevrolet Corvette, 5, Engine.
19. (5), Randy Pobst, Gainesville, Ga., Volvo S60, 3, Drive Line.