Strong position lost after pitlane delay at Sandown 500

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Strong position lost after pitlane delay at Sandown 500

Post by Emiel »

Volvo Polestar Racing drivers Scott McLaughlin and Alexandre Prémat fought for a top five position in the Sandown 500 V8 Supercars race today but lost vital time after getting blocked in the pits.
”We lost a lot of time in the pits when Alex got held up. It was a shame as the car was really fast. But we will fight back at Bathurst,” said McLaughlin.

The telemetry showed that Prémat lost over 20 seconds during the stop when Oliver Gavin blocked his pit exit.

”We should have finished in the top five easy, but I was stuck behind Gavin. It is the pit lane, it is so tight. I tried to push him twice, but I didn’t want to damage the car. After that I overtook a lot of cars and we had the speed, I am just disappointed about the result. But we will definitely go for the podium at Bathurst,” said Prémat.

The second Volvo Polestar Racing drive duo of Robert Dahlgren and Greg Ritter had an eventful race, climbing three positions from 20th on the grid to 17th over the finishing line.

”The race was fairly good, we had better pace today and it looks promising for the coming rounds. Greg did a great job and climbed a couple of spots as well. I look forward to Bathurst,” said Dahlgren.

”We found more speed overnight which was good. We had an eventful race with a few clashes, dive bombing and rubbing of door panels going on. Robert managed to stay reasonably consistent, roll on Bathurst,” said Ritter.

Sandown 500 was the first of three endurance races, with the legendary Bathurst 1000 race coming up on October 9-12th.

”The incident in the pits was unfortunate, but we take the positives with us that the pace is there to fight for the top positions in the endurance races as well. We are looking forward to the Bathurst race, an event with a strong history for Volvo where we hope to give the top drivers and team a good run for their money,” said Christian Dahl, owner of Polestar.

Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..