Challenging and victorious V8 Supercars weekend for Volvo Po

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Challenging and victorious V8 Supercars weekend for Volvo Po

Post by Emiel »

The Perth 400 V8 Supercars weekend proved challenging but victorious for Volvo Polestar Racing. Scott McLaughlin scored Volvo’s first points scoring victory in the championship since 1986 in the first race of the weekend from pole position.
”It was a proud moment for me to take Volvo’s first V8 race win in 28 years, the car was fantastic in the first race and big thanks to everyone in the team,” said McLaughlin.

The 20-year-old Kiwi finished fourth in the second race, securing further important championship points, while the third and final race proved to be tough with 17th as result.

”The third and final race was a bit unfortunate. I had a pretty good qualifying session again with third, the car was awesome and I have managed to keep my qualifying average to 3.9. Then I just struggled during the race with tyre wear and I got a few hits as well. But it has been an awesome race weekend overall, bring on the next!” said McLaughlin.

Team mate Robert Dahlgren had a race weekend of ups and downs as well with 21st as best race result, but a strong eighth in qualifying for the final race, below three tenths of a second from pole position.

”I got my best qualifying result so far with eighth and I got a really good start in the race. But then I felt the tyres starting to go off, unfortunately I think we were too hard on the tyres. I got pushed wide a couple of times and got a lot of marbles on the tyres. After that the tyres didn't work properly until the pitstop. All-in-all, I take the qualifying result with me and move on to the next race,” said Dahlgren.

McLaughlin has further strengthened his position in the drivers’ championship after the race weekend in Perth, reducing the gap to Shane Van Gisbergen in sixth position from 126 points ahead of the weekend to just 21 points after.

”Scott’s strong efforts in the first race was great to see, with him fighting his way to our first official V8 Supercars victory. Robert has shown improvement this weekend as well with a strong eighth in qualifying. There is still a lot of work to be done of course, as could be seen in the final race. But it is still early days in our program and to be where we are now in the championship is over our expectations,” said Christian Dahl, owner of Polestar.

The V8 Supercars continues in four weeks with the Skycity Triple Crown Darwin at Hidden Valley Raceway on June 20-22.

Don’t miss the highlights video from Volvo Polestar Racing’s race one victory:
Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..