Solid points haul for Scott McLaughlin after Tasmania

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Solid points haul for Scott McLaughlin after Tasmania

Post by Emiel »

Scott McLaughlin and Volvo Polestar Racing were in the top fight again as the third V8 Supercars weekend of 2014 took place in Tasmania. The 20-year-old Kiwi secured two top five finishes and climbed eight places in the drivers’ championship.

”It has been a good weekend for us, climbing to seventh in the championship. We had some technical issues that we need to continue work on, but the car has been great and the pace is there for the top fight,” said McLaughlin.

The third and final race saw McLaughlin once again in a tough and exciting battle with reigning champion Jamie Whincup. The duo fought hard in the opening laps for second position in the race, while McLaughlin dropped to sixth position towards the end, suffering from a bent front suspension after making contact with James Courtney.

”I had a great battle with Jamie (Whincup), really attacking him, just like I had yesterday with Craig (Lowndes). The contact I had when James (Courtney) came out of the pits bent my steering. It looks like James came in a bit narrow and I came in a bit too hot, just a racing thing,” said McLaughlin.

The Tasmania 400 weekend meant three qualifying sessions and three races, two of 42 laps and one longer of 84 laps. McLaughlin fought for top positions in all three races with third as his best qualifying result and fourth as his best race result.

Robert Dahlgren once again improved his best qualifying result with tenth for the second race. The race results were mixed with 18th as best result in the second race, despite being tapped into a spin on the first lap.

”The car was good all through the weekend, despite some technical issues and being pushed into a spin in the second race. I am pleased with tenth in qualifying but not pleased with the race results. I’m looking forward to Winton and hopefully we can get some good race results there,” said Dahlgren.

There is no rest for the Volvo Polestar Racing drivers as the next V8 Supercars race starts next weekend with the Winton 400.

"The weekend has been positive overall for the team and especially for Scott. The key to success in this championship is consistency and the results so far has exceeded our expectations," said Christian Dahl, owner of Polestar.

Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..