Strong V8 Supercars debut for Volvo Polestar Racing

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Strong V8 Supercars debut for Volvo Polestar Racing

Post by Emiel »

Volvo Polestar Racing had as strong V8 Supercars debut weekend at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, Australia. Scott McLaughlin thrilled the crowds in all three races and proved that the pace is there for the very top with a podium finish.

”What an amazing weekend for Volvo Polestar Racing and GRM. Everyone has worked so hard for this and I am delighted with the podium finish,”
said McLaughlin.

The 20-year-old started the weekend by qualifying a strong second on the grid for the second race. After a solid seventh in the first race, McLaughlin crossed the line in second position in the second race after an epic last-lap battle with reigning champion Jamie Whincup. Watch a video of the thrilling fight here.

McLaughlin started an impressive charge from tenth on the grid to the top in the third and final 76 lap race. The Kiwi had fought his way to third position as he was forced to retire due to a faulty battery with just eleven laps left.
Dahlgren and McLaughlin will represent Volvo with two 650 HP Volvo S60 Polestar V8 Supercars in the championship, facing 23 other drivers from Holden, Ford, Nissan and Mercedes-Benz.

”It was disappointing to retire from a podium position. But we showed strong form overall this weekend and I can’t wait for the next round,” said McLaughlin.

Robert Dahlgren had a baptism of fire in his first ever V8 Supercars weekend. The Swede finished 21st in the first race, 23rd in the second and retired due to a fractured oil tank in the third race. Dahlgren was nonetheless enthusiastic as the dust settled from the race weekend.

”As a racing driver, the results from this weekend is a disappointment. I won’t be pleased until I am in the top. With this being a completely new championship, new tracks and a new car for me, it will take time. But I have made a lot of progress from this weekend that we can build on and I am so much longing for the next race,” said Dahlgren.

Two top ten finishes, a podium and the speed to match the established top teams is the result for Volvo Polestar Racing after the V8 Supercars premiere in Adelaide.

”This is a race weekend everyone involved at Volvo, Polestar and GRM can be proud of. We had some issues, but that was to be expected of a debut weekend. There is still a lot of work left to be done, but we are looking forward to the coming races with confidence,” said Christian Dahl, owner of Polestar.

V8 Supercars continues in two weeks with the non-championship round at Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.

Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..