Chinese qualifying disaster for Dahlgren and Volvo

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Chinese qualifying disaster for Dahlgren and Volvo

Post by Emiel »

Volvo Polestar Racing and Robert Dahlgren looked right on pace in practice ahead of the Chinese WTCC races up until qualifying, where a drying track messed things up for the Swedes.
"We were fast all weekend, but qualifying was a lottery that unfortunately had a decisive impact on the rest of the weekend for us," said Dahlgren.

Photo: Wtcc media
Dahlgren went out too early as the track dried up, meaning that his tyres were too worn out in the final minutes of the session when the top times were set.
"We came close, but we went out a bit too early which meant that our tyres were too worn at the very end of the session. It was unfortunate, but that is racing sometimes," said Dahlgren.

The Volvo driver fought his way up to ninth from 13th on the grid in both races, but struggled to catch up with the top.
"The track is really difficult to pass on with short braking areas, but I had two good races. I held a stronger pace than most of the drivers in front of me and I was able to make some ground to finish in the points," said Dahlgren.

The WTCC final at legendary Macau will be a first ever for both Dahlgren and the Polestar Racing team. Dahlgren is hoping to bag his and Volvo's first ever WTCC podium finish.
"Macau is going to be the toughest challenge of the year, it is a track that all drivers have to race on once in their lifetime. I am very much looking forward to the race and our firm goal is to end the season on a high," said Dahlgren.

By Johan Meissner : TouringCarTimes
Rechterhand Opperbaas..