Promising form for Volvo in frustrating Japanese races

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Promising form for Volvo in frustrating Japanese races

Post by Emiel »

Robert Dahlgren and Volvo Polestar Racing showed promising form in the Japanese WTCC races with third in qualifying and a strong fifth in the second race.
"I was faster than the guys ahead of me in the second race, but it was not easy to pass on this track. While I wanted a trophy from this weekend, I am still happy overall and my expectations are high for the coming races," said Dahlgren to TouringCarTimes.

Photo: Wtcc media

Dahlgren was just 0.069 seconds from pole position for the first race, but was pushed off in to the barriers in the sprint for the first corner with a lot of damage on the Volvo C30 as a result.
"The retirement was frustrating but the guys worked like heroes and managed to give me a car that was fast enough for a podium finish despite only having a few minutes of repair time," said Dahlgren.

The Volvo driver fought hard for a podium finish in the second race with a scarred C30. Dahlgren was close to Rob Huff for third, but lost one position to Alain Menu as the engine suddenly died.
"There was some kind of electronic fault and I had to restart the car. I had no problem in catching the guys in front of me after that. I am really pleased that we have been able to show that we have the pace to fight for top three," said Dahlgren.

Two races remain of the season with Shanghai in China next up and Dahlgren is keen to get a trophy.
"Shanghai is yet another new track for everyone and I feel confident. I hope that we are able to challenge Chevrolet for real there and there is no doubt that we can fight for top three," said Dahlgren.

By Johan Meissner : TouringCarTimes
Rechterhand Opperbaas..