Dahlgren takes best result of the year in Germany

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Dahlgren takes best result of the year in Germany

Post by Emiel »

Robert Dahlgren picked up a fourth place finish at Oschersleben to score the team's best result of the season in only the team's fourth race with the turbocharged 1.6 litre engine.
Dahlgren had started on the front row but was swamped by Tom Coronel and Gabriele Tarquini into the first corner as the Volvo struggled for grip on the painted lines on the unused right side of the grid.

The Swedish driver then lost ground after he was tipped into a half spin by the Chevrolet of Alain Menu. Although he caught back up to Menu and took back the position, he was unable to catch Gabriele Tarquini's SR León and had to settle for fourth.

In the second race, the Volvo started from tenth on account of setting the fastest time in Qualifying 1, and moved up to finish seventh behind the two Chevrolets of the championship leading pair of Yvan Muller and Rob Huff.

"I think we've done the job and proven that Donington wasn't a one-off," said Dahlgren to TouringCarTimes.

"If we get a little bit more, I hate to say luck, but things falling into place I think we should see a podium."

It's believed that Volvo will make it's decision on whether it will be committing to the 2012 FIA World Touring Car Championship in August, meaning the team will definitely know if they will be on the grid next year the next time they race at Valencia in September.

"Hopefully we'll know and that will be absolutely great," said Dahlgren.

"I think we have progressed very fast from where we were in the beginning of the year. We're half way through the season and talking about podiums on pure speed."

By Neil Hudson: TouringCarTimes
Rechterhand Opperbaas..