Volvo dominates Phillip Island

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Volvo dominates Phillip Island

Post by Emiel »

Scott McLaughlin secured his best V8 Supercars weekend for Wilson Security Racing GRM and Volvo.

Racing at Phillip Island with two pole positions and two convincing victories, becoming the first multiple race winner of 2016.

"This means so much for me and the team. I couldn¹t have done it with a great team behind me and the fan support," said McLaughlin.

The young Kiwi started the weekend by recording the fastest ever V8 Supercars lap time around Phillip Island during practice and went on to
claim pole position for the first race.

McLaughlin headed the field from lights to flag in race one, a feat he repeated in race two, again starting from pole position and winning
despite a late safety car session with ten laps left.

"This has been one of those weekend when everything went right. Great car speed. Took pole twice. Won both races convincingly. It has been a tough
time but now I think we are finally back to where we belong,"
said McLaughlin.

Team mate James Moffat had a promising weekend, recording a new personal best for the team with fifth in qualifying and finishing race one in
seventh position.

The double victory has elevated McLaughlin to second place in the drivers championship, just 15 points behind multiple champion and current leader
Jamie Whincup.

The championship continues with the Perth SuperSprint in three weeks.

Bron; http://www.grmotorsport.com.au/
Rechterhand Opperbaas..