A tough weekend in Perth for Volvo Polestar Racing

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

A tough weekend in Perth for Volvo Polestar Racing

Post by Emiel »

The V8 Supercars weekend in Perth became a tough one for Volvo Polestar Racing with Scott McLaughlin’s 11th position in the first race as best result.
”The car setup was not quite where we wanted it to be and we had some engine misfire problems,” said McLaughlin.

The first race saw McLaughlin climbing two positions while the second race meant a retirement due to a faulty throttle sensor. The problems continued in the third race with a misfire that McLaughlin had to fight his way around.

”The car was handling really well but the problem was that the misfire caused me to fight harder than I wanted to and chewed up the tyres more. It has been frustrating weekend but we will be back,” said McLaughlin.

David Wall had an equally tough weekend with 21st position in the final race as his best result of the weekend at Barbagallo Raceway.

”It has been a tough weekend. I made a mistake in qualifying and then we were chasing a bit of car balance. We improved the car through the weekend, but we didn’t have the start position to go with it,” said Wall.

McLaughlin and Wall are placed 17th and 23rd respectively in the drivers’ championship after three race weekends of the 2015 V8 Supercars season. Next up is the Winton SuperSprint in two weeks.

”We have obviously not got the start to the season that we wanted due to various factors. There is nothing but keeping our heads down and continue to work hard. I am confident that we are going to bounce back,” said Christian Dahl, CEO of Polestar.

Perth SuperSprint – V8 Supercars
Circuit: Barbagallo Raceway
Length: 2411 m
Lap record (V8SC): 0:55.9440, Jason Bright (2004)

Championship Standings – Top 5
1 Craig Lowndes Holden Commodore 717
2 James Courtney Holden Commodore 665 (-52)
3 Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon 643 (-74)
4 Fabian Coulthard Holden Commodore 641 (-76)
5 Jamie Whincup Holden Commodore 630 (-87)

17 Scott McLaughlin Volvo S60 318 (-399)
23 David Wall Volvo S60 237 (-480)

http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..