Scott McLaughlin climbs championship order after Tasmania

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Scott McLaughlin climbs championship order after Tasmania

Post by Emiel »

Volvo Polestar Racing driver Scott McLaughlin climbed seven positions in the championship after the V8 Supercars weekend in Tasmania.
”This weekend was about to get some points back and we moved from 20th to 13th position in the championship,”said McLaughlin.

After a tough start to the weekend with a retirement due to a technical issue in the first race, McLaughlin fought back in the last two races, climbing four positions in the final race to finish seventh.
”I had a great start and the boys gave me a great strategy, enabling me to climb all the way to seventh. Putting these rounds behind us we’ve got one month to work out what has gone wrong. I’m looking forward to Perth where we won last time and I think we can really come back in this championship,” said McLaughlin.

Team mate David Wall had a tough weekend in Tasmania with one retirement and two finishes in 20th position.
”Obviously not the weekend we wanted. I was confident that we had a good race car for the final race, unfortunately we didn’t get to show that. But that is racing sometimes and we will be back in Perth,” said Wall.

The V8 Supercars resumes in five weeks with the Perth SuperSprint on May 1-3rd.
”We are obviously not happy with the start of the season and the problems that we have had. There is no doubt that we are going to address these issues and bounce back strongly in Perth,” said Christian Dahl, CEO of Polestar.

http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..