Scott McLaughlin underlines strong debut year in season fina

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Scott McLaughlin underlines strong debut year in season fina

Post by Emiel »

Scott McLaughlin underlined the strong debut V8 Supercars season for Volvo Polestar Racing in the Sydney 500 season finale weekend where he claimed a podium finish and the 2014 pole position award.
”It has been an amazing year. We met every goal that we set out to achieve this year and I can’t thank everyone at GRM and Volvo Polestar in Sweden enough,” said McLaughlin.

There was plenty of drama in the three races of the season finale where the two final races were red flagged due to thunderstorms. McLaughlin managed to take his tenth podium finish of the year to secure fifth in the championship and his tenth pole position to equal newly crowned champion Jamie Whincup to the 2014 pole position award.

”It was great to equal Jamie, the champion, with ten poles. It has been a fantastic season and I can’t wait for next year. I really think we have a good car to have a crack at the championship. I have set some high standards and I am ready to try and beat them in 2015,” said McLaughlin.

Robert Dahlgren completed his final V8 Supercars weekend before heading to Sweden with Volvo Polestar Racing next season and fought hard in the treacherous conditions in Sydney.

”I improved my pace all weekend and qualifying was quite all right with 15th as best result. I went a bit too hard in the final race and damaged the suspension, but the race pace in the three races was fairly good. I am all in all really pleased and thankful to GRM, Volvo, Polestar and all partners. I wish everyone the best for next year, I have no doubt that they are in for a great 2015 season,” said Dahlgren.

The 2014 V8 Supercars debut season for Volvo Polestar Racing resulted in four victories, ten pole positions, ten podium finishes, sixth position in the teams’ championship and fifth in the drivers’ championship.

”The 2014 V8 Supercars season has exceeded all of our expectations. I am really proud of all involved, Scott, Robert, everyone at GRM and our guys working on the project in Sweden. We are ready to take the next step forward in 2015,” said Christian Dahl, CEO of Polestar.

The 2015 V8 Supercars season starts Feb 26-Mar 1 with the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide where Volvo Polestar Racing will be ready for a new challenge with Scott McLaughlin and newly signed David Wall behind the wheel of the two Volvo S60 Polestar V8SC cars.

Championship positions - Top 10 (38/38 races)

1 Jamie Whincup Holden Commodore 3364 points
2 Shane Van Gisbergen Holden Commodore 2778 (-586)
3 Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon 2763 (-601)
4 Craig Lowndes Holden Commodore 2656 (-708)
5 Scott McLaughlin Volvo S60 2509 (-855)
6 James Courtney Holden Commodore 2481 (-883)
7 Chaz Mostert Ford Falcon 2444 (-920)
8 Fabian Coulthard Holden Commodore 2430 (-934)
9 Garth Tander Holden Commodore 2280 (-1084)
10 Michael Caruso Nissan Altima 1939 (-1425)
25 Robert Dahlgren Volvo S60 909 (-2455)

Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..