Scott McLaughlin secures fourth 2014 V8 Supercars victory at

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Johann
Administrator
Administrator
Type auto: Volvo 850 SC

Scott McLaughlin secures fourth 2014 V8 Supercars victory at

Post by Johann »

Scott McLaughlin scored his fourth V8 Supercars victory and ninth pole position of 2014 in the first race of the weekend at Phillip Island.
”It was pretty full on and I am very happy to get another win and pole. I was stoked to have one pole position earlier this year and now I have got nine, hopefully there will be more and we just got to keep pushing,” said McLaughlin.

The 21-year-old started from pole and kept the lead from lights to flag, but came under hard pressure from both Red Bull Racing Australia drivers Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup towards the end of the race.
”The car was a bit difficult to drive and I was going as hard as I could. I knew where Lowndes had two chances to go at me on the final lap, but I had him there. It was awesome fun, a great battle with Lowndes,” said McLaughlin.

The second race saw McLaughlin fighting his way from ninth on the grid to finish sixth, a mere 0.4416 from Nissan driver Todd Kelly in fifth position.

Team mate Robert Dahlgren had two tough races with 20th as best qualifying position and 22nd as best result in the two races.
”We had a really tough day. I missed a bit in qualifying and we didn’t get a few things that we tried to work. We tried to find what the problem was between the two races, something is not right. But I am glad that I am in a strong team with good mechanics, so hopefully we will find what we are looking for ahead of tomorrow,” said Dahlgren.

The Philip Island 400 weekend continues tomorrow with a final qualifying session and race.

Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com