Pole and podium for Volvo Polestar Racing at Gold Coast

Volvo ditjes en Volvo datjes.

Emiel
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Type auto: S60

Pole and podium for Volvo Polestar Racing at Gold Coast

Post by Emiel »

Volvo Polestar Racing driver Scott McLaughlin secured his eighth pole position and a podium finish together with co-driver Alexandre Prémat in the second V8 Supercars race in the Gold Coast 600.
”I am stoked for the team and stoked to get a surf board, it is one of the coolest trophies you can ever get apart from a championship trophy of course,” said McLaughlin.

Prémat started the race and kept the #33 Volvo in the top fight for the first stint, before handing it over to McLaughlin. Second place means the first ever V8 Supercars podium finish for Prémat.

”I feel really good to get my first podium in V8 Supercars. We showed already at Bathurst that we are in contention for a win or podium. This track is so hard and demanding, so I am very happy with this result and the team did a very good job,” said Prémat.

There was plenty of drama in the race, especially in the fight for second place between McLaughlin and Shane Van Gisbergen. The duo changed places a couple of times before Van Gisbergen was penalised for a ”restart infringement” after a safety car period.

Robert Dahlgren started the second race from 18th on the grid and made strong progress in the early part.

”We had a good start and moved up through the field. I handed over the car to Greg in 13th position. Unfortunately Greg got spun around and we ended up a bit further down. But we had a fast car this weekend and I really enjoyed driving here,” said Dahlgren.

Co-driver Ritter was involved in a fight for eleventh position with Jack Perkins towards the end of the race. Perkins dived on the inside of Ritter in turn four that saw the two cars coming together and Ritter dropping to 18th position.

”Robert did a tremendous first half of the race. I jumped in with about 40 laps left to go. I got turned around by Jack Perkins, which was unfortunate. I dropped to the rear of the train, so it was a hard day at the office,” said Ritter.

The first race, which was held on Saturday, saw McLaughlin/Prémat finishing seventh, after holding the lead early on and Dahlgren/Ritter finishing 13th after Ritter brushing the wall with a pitstop for repairs as a result.

The Gold Coast 600 race concludes the endurance races of the 2014 V8 Supercars. Two race weekends remain with the Philip Island 400 next up on November 14-16th.

”We are happy to see Scott and Alex bringing home a new podium and pole position. We are still lacking a bit regarding race pace and we have some homework to do. But all in all a promising weekend for the two remaining race weekends as well as for 2015,” said Christian Dahl, owner of Polestar.

Polestar Media Contact

Johan Meissner
Press Manager
Polestar AB
Phone: +46 [0]70 241 3234
Mail: johan.meissner@polestar.com
Web: http://www.polestar.com
Rechterhand Opperbaas..